Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just so you know...

I'm finally listening to Measure for Measure by Icehouse which I bought on vinyl a few weeks back from eBay, and surprisingly, it's really very good... I was expecting a few listenable tracks surrounded by a lot of typical 80's pop-filler, and don't get me wrong, this album was definitely recorded in the 80's, and it's definitely a pop record. There's more than enough synthesizer to give THAT away, but it doesn't have the wasted tracks that a lot of other synth-pop artists threw on their records. I'm honestly a little surprised, considering the strength of the album, that Icehouse didn't make it out of the 80's the way Depeche Mode or (to some degree) Duran Duran did.

If you're a fan of the 80's and find yourself looking for some different synth-pop tunes to round out your catalog, give this one a listen!

No comments: